
I made my sweetie a passport pouch tonight. He is going to Morocco on Saturday (I'm starting school Monday so staying home) for a couple of weeks, and wanted something to store his passport and money on the inside of his pants. Initially we talked about sewing an interior pocket onto his pants, but he opted for a trial run of a pouch on a lanyard. It's not perfect but it's good enough for now.
This is my new toy- a SideWinder bobbin winder! I've had it for over a week, but forgot to post. My idea of being a real grown-up sewer has been to have my bobbins organized in a case- and now I'm there. I've had the case for a while, but it's just fun now to make up bobbins.
To hang the pouch, I sewed tape on the inside of his trouser waistband. Next time I'll do something to bind off the edges, since it frayed almost immediately (but I used a LOT of thread and made about 2mm wide of straight stitch width in tacking it on). Or as I pointed out to him, if I had a serger, it would be easier. And a really great Serger, even easier! heehee I'm so subtle.

3 comments:
Have I mentioned how much I LOVE that fabric? I love your label too. Nice job, girl, nice job!
All great creations have to start somewhere!
I am also labouring without a serger - and have been for 30 years. That's one reason I went to the flat fell but it doesn't work everywhere. When I can afford a serger, it will mean I have a new job. And then I won't have the time to sew (much)! It's a bit of a catch-22.
Really nice passport pouch! And you have such cute labels. I want labels too! They make it look so finished. Have fun starting school.
Post a Comment