Sunday, January 13, 2008

A little yarn love


Debbie Bliss Baby Knits, booties pattern. Done in garter instead of seed stitch, with baby cashmerino on size 5 (US) needles. I saved my favorite fish zip bags, and it turns out this is just about perfect for a small knitting project.


Baby knits are so much more fun than adult knits. If it's not the right size, so what?! Babies grow. I'm trying to work up my confidence on this before casting on for my first Fantine sweater. I am rather proud of my controlled cast-off, something I've had trouble with before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute fish pattern bag! I need to learn to sew zippers sometime. I have avoided it... It is nice to have bags for projects handy isn't it?! I have made a number of them too - all zipperless... I love the Fantine sweater you are going to make! So pretty and it looks quick too. Go for it!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I totally agree with your assessment of baby knitting...make it a little big and the baby will grow.

Very nice work on the bootie!!!