
I won an award! Thanks, Cynical Gal!
I forgot to leave the faucet on in the kitchen before I left for work this morning...oops. No cold water flowing (keeping my fingers crossed that nothing busts). To warm up the kitchen, I made another coffeecake (no cold water still so I'm guessing the freeze spot isn't in my kitchen- it got very very warm quickly). Then I put my new ironing board cover on.
It all feels quite professional. As it happened, my bias tape makers came today. I wanted to make my own quilt binding. Check this out- one and two inch bias tape makers! (oops, a ball of yarn snuck in the picture...isn't it pretty?)
Not to be left out, my cabled scarf. It's been a little nutty this week at work and I have enjoyed the satisfaction that can be had from making just one cable- eight rows of knitting sanity.

5 comments:
Hey, save me a piece of this coffee cake if you bring it to share...I'll be in around 10.
I'm loving the ironing board cover, and I have made my own quilt binding before from 2 inch strips of fabric. I can show you what I know sometime...
Oh Ive been wanting to make bias forever! Let me know how yours turns out!!
I used to make bias tape a lot when I made curtains and pillows and used piping. I made it by making a tube of fabric out of two triangles and then cutting around and around until I got yards and yards in one long strip. Now I don't need that much for clothing projects and I am thinking of getting a self-healing cutting mat with lines on it and a wheel cutting thingy. Will you be using something like that too? I have never used a rotary cutter.
your scarf is so pretty! I love that yarn color and it looks so soft.
oh neat ironing cover- that's so clever that it has all the measurements on it!
Post a Comment