Monday, January 7, 2008

Don't you hate it when your socks are too warm?

I have a solution! Using the pattern for Apres Ski socks in Lion Brand Yarn's Just Socks, I have found two extra stitches. It's nice, really, because turning the heel and forming the gusset this way adds a nice breathing hole.


I frogged the sock twice. Now, I'm using my sewing skills to ignore the hole- I'll sew it shut later. Cheating? You bet! I'm figuring I'll adjust the pattern on the next sock and see if that fixes the hole. To be honest, it might be a mistake I'm making...last night I was reading one of my knitting books and had an amazing revelation. Slip slip knit does NOT mean slip 1, slip 1, knit 1- it's an actual stitch! Oops. My decreases look much better now.

And before I head to bed, a cute story about my sweetie (who won the best boy ever award for helping me pin the hem on the corduroy skirt today!). A few days ago, I received my order from JoAnn.com for a bunch of hat/scarf/project yarn. It was piled on the couch Saturday and I looked over at one point to see my sweetie with a funny expression on his face, looking at a ball of Paton's classic wool. I asked what was wrong and he said "it just seems like a lot of yarn to only make a four inch square". I know he was kidding, but it cracked me up (and I felt pretty yucky this weekend with a head cold). I'm so lucky!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that heel turning might be the death of us, then the glee after completing it...and it helps to have sewing skills, for sure.

Let's hear it for your sweetie!!

Kerry said...

I admire your sock work...I've never attempted a pair. In fact, the idea of a "pair" of something intimidates me right there! Did you hear about the Net Grannies, who'll knit socks for you? http://blog.craftzine.com/archive/2008/01/net_granny.html?CMP=OTC-5JF307375954