Sunday, August 16, 2009

Given up on the blanket, now on to the dress/sweater

(pictures taken with my phone, please excuse poor quality)


So I decided that eighteen miles of garter stitch were unlikely to get finished in time for Labor Day (C&E's due date). I cast on for another Little Sister's Dress, in a green colorway. They don't know if it's a boy or a girl, and I had the chance for a good look at the ultrasound pics on their fridge Friday night. So much for that whole nurse thing- I couldn't tell either! So, if it's a girl, here's a cute sweaterdress. If it's a boy, here's a cute sweaterdress. I think they'll be okay with it, because C is a knitter and will appreciate the gift. Yay for favorite patterns that work up quickly!


On the quilting front- I'm using a precut Jelly Roll from Moda (why yes I did link you to a fantastic sale price), and I bought my triangles and squares this weekend. Tomorrow after work- I sew!!! Pattern from this book.

2 comments:

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I love the sweater dress! Too funny that if it's a boy he's still getting the sweater dress! lol! I'm definitely making this for my girls!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Ok, does that pattern really say needle size 2? OY! Maybe I'll knit it anyway...I have to resize it to a 2 for my girls, so maybe I can experiment with larger sized needles!