Sunday, August 30, 2009

Canning party


Saturday morning, my friend N and I went to the Green City Market. We picked up some extra peppers to go with the ones had from the CSA share, and came home and started chopping.


We made a batch of carrot relish, and a batch of dilly beans.

And we bought a lot of peaches and made a labor-intensive but delicious peach butter. I even got some knitting in.

6 comments:

the sandwich life said...

Beautiful!!!!

Walter Jeffries said...

Sarah, over on my blog you mentioned having lived in Berlin, NH. I lived down river, down hill, down wind of Berlin one summer. That's a town you know is there. Or at least it was back then when the pulp mill was going full, er, steam back in the late 1970's. Cabbage is what it always reminded me of. Ironically, when the mill was going in more recent decades we sent pulp wood to it, the junk wood we weed out of the forest as we gradually improve the quality of the forest and open it up through selective cutting so the remaining better trees can get more sunlight. I heard the pulp mill at Berlin was going to open again but haven't gotten the full scoop.

Mea said...

Ahh, your canning looks gorgeous! I'm envious- all we have of our summer garden is banana peppers in vinegar. Well done!!!

Unknown said...

Great pictures, if I do say so myself. And great fun. Can't wait to shop and cook together again soon.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

What fun!

kate said...

That sounds like a great day! I've always wanted to learn how to can. I love your blog! The headline of "in which I use up all my craft supplies by the end of this blog" made me smile. I thought to myself, "If that was my tagline, I'd be blogging forever". Love it!