Using larger blocks of felted sweater (or that's fulled, technically) made it go a lot faster. The pressure of knowing this was last year's gift helped me get some speed, too.
I got to use my new walking foot! Wow, that makes stitching big piles of fabric a lot easier. Tomorrow I may have to take the new ruffler foot out for a spin, just for the fun of it. We faced the blanket with cotton velvet and I hope Randall will know how much we love and appreciate him every time he wraps up in it...he's the man who introduced my sweetie and me almost two years ago!

4 comments:
what a cozy looking blanket! i'm sure your friend will love it. how nice that your boyfriend is helping you with a sewing project too, that's something to celebrate in its own!
What a great job you both did! And, again, I must say, this guy is a keeper.
How very cool. Must try. I also love my walking foot.
It is very cozy looking! ;)
Post a Comment