
Thursday night, in the middle of a raging snowstorm, we were walking to our restaurant reservations when my sweetie said "Oh, I got the reservation wrong- it's not until 7:30. Let's walk through the park." We walked through the park, by the gazebo, and I was starting to think he was truly crazy (my chatter "it's pretty but my boots are wet, I'm cold, let's go to the restaurant, they won't mind if we're early") when he pulled me over to the swingset where we spent hours talking on one of our first dates. My chatter died off as he pulled a box out of his coat pocket and asked if I would spend the rest of my life with him as his wife. I said yes, and I wasn't even worried about my wet boots or how cold I was anymore! We'll be married at the end of June in Maine.
If anyone has ideas for a wedding dress pattern, let me know. I'm thinking summer dress with cap sleeves, day length- we're planning to be married outside on the coast with a clambake afterwards.

14 comments:
oh congrats sarah!!! how romantic. i'll keep my eye out for a pattern for you (i'm secretly keeping my eye out for one for myself- though no plans here yet). yay!
AWWWWWWW! ITs BEAUTIFUL!!
Congratulations!
Oh my gosh, I am thrilled, thrilled, thrilled for you! I can't imagine better news or a person who deserves it more...Congratulations to the both of you!
Ohmigosh it's so beautiful I cannot speak!! Yippeee!!!
Hooray!!!!
Congratulations,
beautiful ring.........
Congratulations! Pretty ring too. No idea on the dress - I got married... 26 years ago, in a suit. :) Wear what makes you feel pretty.
Congratulations!!! That's so awesome. Very coincidentally, the March issue of BWOF seems to have a bunch of wedding patterns - perhaps you can find one you like? Here's a link to the preview -
http://www.burdamode.com/burda_World_of_Fashion_03_2008,1013616-1579042-1593410-1593424,deDE.html
The wedding dresses start at photo 14.
Umm - let's try this again...
http://tinyurl.com/2hcr3e
Oh how sweet and wonderful! [squealing with glee now] I hope you are both very happy together, Sarah and your ring is *gorgeous!* Is that a sapphire? It has such a classic/retro look about it.
Congrats and your ring is absolutely beautiful. I found you via Cidell's blog. Will be back to check on wedding day dress progress.
Congratulations - how wonderful!
Okay I found the actual engagement part - I just love hearing things like this. Congratulations again and I love your ring.
Heather
Congratulations!!!
Very romantic!
Post a Comment