Monday, February 11, 2008

Knitting updates

It's official. My friend who I have been making the booties for really is pregnant. Yay! Now I am hoping that if I block the booties before sewing them up they might look like each other. Right now it's definitely fraternal twin booties.


And the scarf for my shameless but cute coworker who told me "I wear handknits, I love them and would wear something you made me!" I'm kind of making up the pattern (translation: I was following a pattern and made enough mistakes that it looks different now).


I got email today- the house is reserved for the wedding! Okay. We have a place to get married, now only need cake, license, officiant. Cake is easy, license is easy, officiant can't be too hard (we are having a Notary Public "officiate" as in sign the license). Mmmm cake. It almost is enough to make me want a traditional wedding, just so I could go taste lots of cakes. But no, I said low-key and I meant it. Big yummy chocolate cake made the night before (there's the benefit of 67F average temps!) by us. Any suggestions for recipes? I'm ready to start practicing!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

MMM Chocolate cake. We had a chocolate grooms cake (shaped like a vintage record lol) and it went SO fast compared to the other. I dont have any recipes on hand, but If I come across any, Ill let you know.

Emily said...

Wow, Lubec is much further north than I've ever traveled in Maine. I'm sure it'll be just gorgeous. We're getting marries in my fiance's hometown of Brunswick. We're also having a fairly low-key event (though, not as low-key as yours, it seems! I'm a little jealous of you...:)

Anonymous said...

Hi. My sister and I always make our kids' bday cakes. If you don't want to start from scratch, get the book The Cake Mix Doctor. It has lots of great ways to turn cake mixes into outstanding cakes!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Who says you can't go and taste a bunch of cakes anyway? I'll go with you!!! Name the time.

Nancy Winningham said...

You better quit practicing and start looking for someone else to make that cake! The last thing you need (or will want) to be doing on the night before your wedding is make a cake! Ask a friend to do it. People never know what to do do help and would love to if they just knew what to do. You will really be doing a friend a favor. Really.