Monday, February 25, 2008

Everyone has one foot bigger than the other

Baby W is going to have slippers ready to enforce this concept. I was afraid of fraternal twins, and being a process knitter (see Yarn Harlot's great explanation in one of her books)...the booties are fraternal. But distinctly similar.



Sewing them up allowed me to fudge a few things, like the part where the backs of each slipper were a few rows off from each other. I guess next time I'll count more carefully.



Aren't they cute? I'm having dinner with my friend tomorrow night (baby W is in the second trimester) and I'm so excited to give them to her. She is a knitter, too- she taught herself from a book- so I feel comfortable that she will love them, fraternal though they may be.



I am wondering if the 18 week ultrasound (if they did one- G is young and healthy) showed a gender. Well, I'm all about breaking color/gender codes anyway! :)

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those are toooooo cute!

Knittynutter said...

cute booties!!!

sugarcreekstuff said...

I'm not much of a knitter but saw a great tip, knit both at the same time on the same needles. I don't know if it's do-able for all patterns but is sounded smart.

Melissaria said...

I love the booties! I'm addicted to woolly slippers, although being thoroughly untalented in the knitting department, I ship our ones in from Padraig Cottage in Canada (sheepskin lined, suede soles, warm as toast!). I am a complete bootie nerd these days...although if I ever learn to knit, I think hats would be my thing!