
I forgot to attach the facings to the lining before I sewed the side seams, so now I'm adjusting it and hoping for the best. With this high waisted skirt I really do want the facings (and they are interfaced with a stiff horsehair-knockoff) to hold my tummy in at bit.

The fashion fabric is fitted and ready for the lining. This isn't the best zipper I've ever done, I think when I make this again I'll use an invisible zipper. I couldn't find my bag of feet (yikes, what internet searches will find that!) so I had to fudge things without the zipper foot.

My sock has started showing some promise- about 1/3 from the left edge in this photo you can see where I've started the gusset. So far the sock fits, so I'm optimistic!

And this is a pillowcase I'm making for my nephew. Not only is he about to become a big brother (and he is getting a brother, how fun!) in July, we just found out he passed the tests to enter a magnet school this fall. That deserves a treat. And I'm enjoying the embroidery. All my nephews have a special reason for being close to my heart, with this one it is two-fold. He is tall and looks about three to four years older than he is, and I remember how awful it felt when I was his age (not-quite-eight) and everyone expected me to act like a 12 year old. And, for his fourth birthday, I gave him a present of pencils with his name on them. He eagerly opened the present and exclaimed "Look! Aunt Sarah gave me sticks!" He was very happy and excited, and for that I'll love him always. Such a sweet kid.

4 comments:
I love the pillowcases! What a wonderful gift!
I just keep thinking about him yelling "look Aunt Sarah got me sticks." I LOVE that!!!
Yay nephews! I love the pillowcases, you do such nice work.
Yay nephews! I love the pillowcases, you do such nice work.
Post a Comment