
The mildly bothersome part is that I picked one of the few patterns in the book that call for 5" squares. But I love the Verna fabric and want to make the quilt with it, so I cut the layer cake into squares.

Sort of. More like almost-squares. But what's done is done, and now I've got a fun quilt to make up. If I can get the top done in the next few days, I will try machine quilting it myself. If not...part of me wants to make it "all" myself, but I'm considering sending it out to be quilted by a shop with a long-arm quilter. We'll see.

I finished appliquing my nephew's name on his pillowcase. Next time I might have to do something different- I used the blanket stitch on my machine to tack down the letters and I'm not sure how they'll hold up in the laundry. How convenient that my sister is his mom, and she can fix it for him if they start falling off!

3 comments:
What cute fabric!
I think on your blanket stitch, the stitch is supposed to go the other way. In other words, the parts of the stitch that stick out (as opposed to those that go in a straight line), go into the applique. The straight line part rides right on the edge.
I think Cheryl is right! The stitch really shouldn't show on the letters. Any Pics of the fabric of the quilt? love ya Gramruth!
love that fabric, and your projects are impressive!!
Post a Comment