Sorry, but first you have to unstitch the higher facing, but only where it is sewed down to the zipper tape (and the lining on that side too). You don't have to unstitch where you have sewed the facing to the upper edge of the skirt. Once the facing is free of the zipper tape, with the zipper zipped up, fold down the higher facing until the top of it is level with and matches the other side, pin it and restitch. Don't worry about folding along the line where you stitched the facing to the upper edge of the skirt. No one will see it as it will be folded to the inside. Press it in place, re-sew the lining to the zipper tape on that side and you are done.
That works...the facings match and the lining doesn't look so stressed. Not only is this lady an amazing seamstress, she is a great teacher. Thank you Julia!

2 comments:
Golly gosh, you are welcome!
As soon as I can get my act together I am going to announce, on my sewing blog and other places, my next adventure which is... drum roll please...
http://juliaringma.ca
You may be the first of my sewing bloggers to know this, except for the local bloggers who know me face to face and anybody on Facebook who is also a sewer. Anyway. :)
How helpful! I was looking at directions for making myself a laptop sleeve yesterday and I became so confused. I'm impressed with the sewing! Good job.
Post a Comment