Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm a winner!

Twice, actually. Today in USPS mail I received an article from my Dad about a proposal for making whoopie pies the official Maine state dessert. I am all in favor of that, and I might need to make whoopie pies this week because I'm very hungry for them now. Original article here.


And then in email, I received this from Leah A from Burgundy Buttons:
Congratulations Sarah!

You have won our March Giveaway prize! (Your prize can be be seen at BurgundyButtons.blogspot.com) As an additional promotion, we would like to offer you an additional 10% off any purchase you make that the Advent Box can be shipped with.
Must...stay...strong...resist... Girls and boys, Leah's store has an amazing selection of already very reasonably priced fabrics. I think I have about half of her stock stored in our apartment, stuffed in bookcases and under the couch (among other fave hiding spots). Yet every time I go visit her site, I see something that it seems rather likely I can NOT live without. And, remember that Verna fabric I love so much? She has a great price on the fat quarter bundle. I've got more fabric than I can use in a year, must reduce, must not be so consumer-focused, but I really want that bundle. To look at every day. It's art, really!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

omg, you are so lucky!! congratulations :)

Mea said...

Ahh, Whoopie Pies.
You CANNOT buy them in the South. And why not? I can buy Tabasco in Maine, but no Whoopie Pies in Louisiana. I might have to tackle that recipe this weekend myself- just to show my boys what they are missing!