Remember my plans to clean closets and paint the apartment during this time of two long weekends? It's been scrapped. I am having so much fun playing! I miss my sweetie, of course (he's in VT with his family), but I know he's having fun skiing and playing with his nephews- and I'm reading books, staying up late, and sewing like crazy. I used my bias tape maker for the first time, and I'm completely addicted...although 1/2 inch is really skinny. I'll be looking for another notions sale to pick up a 1 inch bias tape maker.
I made myself a pair of mittens. It's sleeves from an old felted sweater (part of the infamous blanket that I will finish, next year) cut down, sewn, and lined with fleece. So comfy! Unfortunately I was just looking for a soft wool (moot point since I lined them) and failed to notice there is some raggedness and a hole on one of the mittens. No matter since I lined them in black.
The bags are finished- so quick and really fun to make with the printed lining. This is, truly, part of my master plan. I am hoping that the recipients will either (a) realize they have a great knitting bag, and take up knitting, or (b) realize how fun it is to sew and take up sewing. I guess I'm turning into an evangelical crafter. Huh.
Just for old times sake, I made a set of coasters for my boss. He is very cool about the frequent arrivals of large boxes from online-line fabric stores, although he isn't above teasing me about it.
All this fun and...I still have half my book left to read (A Suitable Boy, by Vikram Seth). Life is good.

4 comments:
In Vermont?!? You chose well. :)
Over on my Sugar Mountain Farm blog on the Water Taps post you asked if we'll go no-electric given the spring box.
We'll have electricity but since we already have the cold water of the spring overflow I figure I should start my refrigeration with that. I'm designing a spring box that will use a Peltier device (think backwards solar collector and solid-state heat pump) that could also works with our hot water for preheat.
Of course, one wants electric for such little luxuries as the Internet, computers, aquariums, etc. I just don't want to be dependent on it - we get almost two weeks solid worth of blackout time some years...
I love the mittens, what did you line them in? I also bought a couple of bias tape makers at the last Joann's sale. But, I haven't had time to play with them yet. Gosh, you've been busy with your crafting!
I love those bias tape makers! Great lining fabrics in the bags.
Hello! I really like your blog! You must be from Maine too? That is where I am from and I don't know how far away Norway is from there in miles... That is where I am transplanted. I got such a good laugh reading your comments on being evangelical crafter. I also love to encourage people to do crafts! My son for example is a super DIYer: he is (attempting) to make fireworks for new year's eve!
I love the bags you made and the mittens look kinda like some I have made from felted sweaters.
Post a Comment