Today after the potluck at work, I went to Vogue Fabrics and picked up some more fabric. I did show extreme restraint- only what I planned to sew immediately. The upholstery clearance section had some grey heavy fabric for $1.99/yard, so I got 3 yards. That's at least a couple of bags and a skirt. I want to do something fun with the seaming on the skirt, either run black grosgrain ribbon down in stripes (a la Johnnie Boden this fall) or make tiers. And I found some lovely sateen shirting type material that I can't wait to work with. I'm thinking of a lightweight skirt or short sleeved simple dress.
This is the latest bag!

One of the nurses wasn't at work today when I went in for the potluck, so I let everyone pick their bag. The fish bag went to the nurse I thought would like the pink flowers, so I made another fish (variation on the lining!)- Ms. A isn't much of a pink person. And, truely, I wouldn't be so upset if I ended up taking the pink lined bag home with me Wednesday. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment