Tuesday, August 21, 2007

when all else fails, try PINK FLAMINGOS

I needed something easy, something I had all the pieces cut out, something that would NOT give me an excuse to go to Fabric Mart or fabric.com or Vogue Fabric. Well, I will need to swing by Vogue to pick up some webbing for handles, and black fabric for lining, but check this:


It's Simplicity 8331 with a few modifications- not going for the zipped top so I can stuff more in it, and that means I'll have to edge the top. Probably with black or maybe pink double fold bias tape.




Ah, there. I feel so much better now! I might even do some more work. Ugh. Or go to bed with one of my new books.

Incidentally, if you see _The Cinderella Pact_ for $6 in Borders, don't fall for it. Bridget Jones said it all, funnier, and without the "I'm sad because I'm in my 30s and weight 230# and don't have a man" vibe. Plus, the movie version of Bridget Jones had Colin Firth in it. And I sincerely hope _The Cinderella Pact_ doesn't make it to movie. I read about 20 pages and have declared it burn-worthy. Considering I almost always finish a book to be SURE I hate it, that is saying something.

3 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I LOVE pink flamingos. That is amazing! I have to go to JoAnn's tomorrow after work for snaps for the blue candy cane sweater.

Anonymous said...

I love the pink flamingos! So fun! :) You really might catch me up in this sewing thing at some point, though I think I would have to start with hand sewing (no machine would necessitate that!)...You are convincing, though, with all of the cute stuff that you're turning out!

Anonymous said...

I love the bag- send it to me when you get tired of it...haha! You are forgetting that Bridget Jones also had Hugh Grant, who is rather yummy in his own right- but no where near Colin Firth, I will admit! -mea