Monday, August 20, 2007

We're not in Boston anymore


Did you know that in Boston, it's only illegal to go through a yellow if you start to slow down? Yep, accelerate right through that yellow. Chicago traffic laws and cameras have snared me. I don't really mind- although I'd planned to spend that $90 on some fabric or maybe a new pair of Keens- but it just seems like Chicago is WAY off track. Rather than putting a camera at the intersection (and I have witnessed some horrific crashes at Western & Peterson), couldn't they make car inspection mandatory? Never thought I'd come out in favor of Massachusetts, but the need to have working brake lights and turn signals is a nice thing to have enforced. In my part of Chicago, it's common to see a newer model car with temporary plates, and one or no working brake lights. Grr.

No comments: