Friday, August 17, 2007

Sewing again, I'm sewing again

Every time my boyfriend leaves town, I cozy in here and do projects. It reminds me why the guys at work used to joke "you have to get a boyfriend" in the year and some I was single- left to my own devices, I'll cook and craft and feed people. So, the boyfriend is in the Galapagos (I was invited, but didn't go) with his mom, aunt & uncle, and cousins. This is what I did tonight:


Conquered the zipper (after many, many attempts)


Made the lining (insert trip to Hancock Fabric to buy the lining, zipper, and random toys) and pressed it- ready to attach to the skirt!


And washed a bunch of fabric (with the blue lining) to get ready for what I suspect may be a two and a half week marathon of sewing. Although I'm keeping pretty busy- hanging with my girlfriends this weekend (four different plans!) and going downstate to a church retreat with my sister's in-laws next weekend. I love my sister's in-laws SO MUCH. They are like a bonus family that I lucked into...not to mention my sister's sister-in-law is hysterical, her brother-in-law is funny, steady, and sweet, and her in-laws are to die for. Really. I wish they'd had a third son. ;) Well, sort of. My boyfriend is a pretty swell guy. We'll see....

2 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Looking forward to our field trip to the J. Jill Outlet and Mosaic Yarn Studio.

Anonymous said...

I'm dying of laughter reading the last paragraph- DMIL is often wishing she did have a third son for you!! love, big sis.