The bf emailed me tonight. He and his mom are all that's left of the family trip (others couldn't take as much vacation time) and they are in the city of Quito. They leave in a day or two for the Amazon. Bf said he was going to look for a cow for me in the market. He knows how much I really want a cow of my own, but I'm not sure you can check cows as luggage...hmm.
So, like many other women left to go wild on the town on a Friday night, I went directly to Hancock Fabrics after work. Vogue patterns are on sale and I wanted to look. Even with 75% off, those patterns are still $5-$8 and I didn't see anything I liked that well. I did pick up some more webbing (used for handles on the big flamingo bag) on sale, and some lining fabrics.
And while I washed the knit fabrics I want to work with tomorrow, I started on the elephant (elephant print light cotton) blouse. After cutting the front and back with the elephants parading in different directions, and the back again so they match, I'm calling it a night and heading for bed with my most recent book _The whole world over_ by Julia Glass.

1 comment:
Hilarious! A cow of your own? What woman would turn down such an honor.
Hoping to meet up with you for Arcadia's yarn swap.
Post a Comment