PHEW! Tonight I finished all of the elephant blouse except the buttons and buttonholes. That can wait for later (I haven't done a buttonhole in...oh, fifteen years). I didn't realize the pattern was so complicated- interfacing on the collar, self-facing on the yoke and collar, and gathers all around (I did realize that part). Not sure I'd volunteer to do it again quickly, but I love it.
In other news, I went to Vogue Fabrics for the $1, $2, and $4.99 fabric sale. I got some wool (dress and coat weights), knit fabrics, and fabric for three jackets. Guess I have some sewing to do...in between the knitting. Because I went to the yarn swap today, bringing four random skeins of yarn that I bought late one night on ebay. And look what I took home!
(the funny part is that almost all of it is from Mandy, who was simply clearing out her stash- guess she'll be seeing it again at Second Monday Knitters!)

3 comments:
I love the elephants! Great top! And I am so glad that you are going to enjoy all that yarn that I just wasn't going to get to...I can't wait to see what you are going to turn it into!
this looks awesome! what was the pattern that you used? i'm working on starting my first blouse. i think it's time to move away from basic skirts. thanks for the comment on the aprons too!
Gorgeous! I'm so impressed. And those yarns look so darn pretty in that baskets. Can't wait to see the elephants in person.
Post a Comment