Thursday, August 16, 2007

Ahhhh...that feels good


I haven't even broken out the sewing machine yet, but I feel better. I didn't find the linen, but I started a skirt in a really pretty cotton lawn. Perfect for the last few hot weeks of summer.

The only catch is that this is a pattern my sister gave me- size 14. And I'm a pattern size 16. I didn't realize this until I was cutting out the fabric, so I'm going to have to skimp on the seam allowances and hope for the best! But I do get to try something I haven't done since I had Mom at hand to help me. Thus begins the dart adventure...

Because it's lawn, I think I'll line it so I don't have to worry about slips. Whee! At this rate I'll be trying all sorts of crazy things. More practical, Sarah, more practical. Finish it so you can wear it this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking good! Darts aren't hard, just a pain in the neck. Look at the pattern's finished measurements- that will tell you the amount of ease built into the pattern- you may find the skirt will fit fine, even being "too small"! -mea