
So, here are our sandblasted and powdercoated radiators. It looks SO much nicer! And somehow the radiators look smaller than before. Hauling them down our three flights of back stairs wasn't fun (and I'm glad my sweetie got two guys from work to help haul them up while I was at work), but it was worth it.

This is what we peeled off the wall behind the living room radiator. With many coats of paint, it appears to be the original "wallpaper"- a burlap type fabric. I think the building is c. 1920, and the details we have uncovered are amazing (the trim in the bedroom was custom fit 16+ foot lengths). It's sad that most of the units in the building have fallen into some disrepair, but we certainly have some cool features in ours.

So, thank goodness for good sweeties who are handy and repair lots of things (like the floor that was rotted under the radiator in the living room). I wouldn't have been motivated to have the radiators redone by myself, but I love the finished effect!

5 comments:
WOW! That is spectacular. You guys sure do manage to stay busy. I love it!
Whew! That's alot of work. The radiator looks great!
Looks awesome! I was wondering why the floor under it looked new this weekend! Tell your hubby it looks wonderful!
Your sweetie is the the bomb! Enjoy the radiators!!
Hooray for Sweetie!
Post a Comment