
In other news, I am deeply disappointed in the people of Maine. Human rights are equal rights. From the New York Times online:
Maine, with its libertarian leanings, had seemed to offer an excellent chance of reversing the national trend of voters rejecting marriage equality at the ballot box. Instead, it became the 31st state to block same-sex marriage through a public referendum.

2 comments:
Those are going to be adorable little mittens!
People are people no matter their race, gender, sexual leanings, size, age, etc..... I could go on and on about this, but I won't.
I don't know what to say about this vote. It's just shocking that the people that I see everyday, that I thought that I knew, would come out and vote against gay marriage. The arguments that I heard against it were just so nonsensical, so arbitrary! And the propaganda was total B.S.! Anyhow, I'm right there with you.
Post a Comment