Monday, November 2, 2009

Mittens

Oh, my best intentions...how they go awry! I picked out this pretty blue RYC Extra Fine Merino DK from my stash, and cast on for a pair of very lovely mittens with all sorts of cool cables. About five rows into the cuff, I realized I didn't have a second ball of this yarn. I'd have to make fingerless mittens (not so much) or something else entirely. Or, perhaps, a pair of mittens for
our friends' baby boy due in January.

On the other end of the yarn scale (but still in blue!), this is the hat I was making for a nephew. It fits me perfectly, though, and since that means it will be too big for any of the northern nephews, it's my new hat!


(that's just my knitting bag in the background, don't be scared!)

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Horray for new hats- and being about to assess a situation and change the game plan! ;) I love the hat- it looks really warm and cozy!

julia said...

I saw what looked like fingerless gloves the other day at Hobby Lobby. They were being sold as hand warmers for people like me who have arthritis in their hands. I almost bought them, but I didn't. I wonder how that would actually work?
Your hat is great!!
Mittens for the baby sounds like a good idea to me.