Friday, November 6, 2009

Boogie vest version 18 (almost)

Five inches into the front of the vest, I checked gauge and...well, it was way off. So I ripped out and went up 0.5mm needle size to size 7mm (US10.75). So far it's looking much better.


Tomorrow I've got some sewing lined up. After all, the Sewing Expo is next weekend and I've got to get my sewing brain limbered up! I was looking through my books tonight and found the best explanation of interfacing/underlining I've ever read.


In this book.


It's like my mom is explaining something about sewing to me- no drama, it's not hard, just do this and this. And it works! I'm looking forward to trying some of the more complicated sewing projects I've been avoiding.

1 comment:

julia said...

I think with lining you have to consider the fabric you are sewing with. I felt like the taffeta and the suiting fabric could handle a little bit heavier lining and it feels sooooo good. I am turning it slinky side toward the little bodies I'm making these clothes for so they will have that wonderful feel when they wear them. I didn't always line everything, but it is rare when I don't now. Lining just gives an extra bit of body to most fabrics. I need to get that book.