Sunday, May 31, 2009

Fabric love

I'm sewing again. It's great, and I have some projects lined up. This is a load of washed fabric, out of the dryer (I'll fold it just as soon as I finish posting, promise!).


More pajama pants, and a toy bag from the robot fabric. I bought some elastic thread and I'm going to try to make elasticized pockets on the toy bag, sized to store a matchbox car each. Updates on that as the project progresses.


This Anna Maria Horner print was intended for a little girls dress, but I'm afraid the print might be too strong for a (pattern size) 7 dress. Any thoughts?


As if I didn't have enough projects with the fabric I have, I received packets in the mail last week. It might as well have been crack cocaine, except it was on sale (and I don't intend to put any of it in my nose).


Amy Butler heavier weight cottons, from Grace Full Creations. $3.50 per yard, how could I not?


I'm having trouble coming up with project ideas for this fabric, mostly because I just want to look at it for a while. Uncut, the possibilities are endless!

5 comments:

SWE said...

Oh, those robots are COOL!

I think the flower print would make a perfect little girl dress-a strong print to go with a strong personality.

And those uncut pieces look delicious-fun, fun possibilities! Or so (sew?) one might imagine.

Those beautiful leaves look delicious and I'm sure I"m not alone in my excitement to see what you do with them-exquisite!

Julia said...

I think the print for the little girl's dress is wonderful! It depends on the pattern you use and the child it's for.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I know a couple of little girls who would be able to pull that cute pattern off...I love that you are sewing so much.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I love the Anna Marie Horner print fabric! Whether or not its "too much" depends somewhat on the dress pattern you choose. I could see that fabric as an awesome compliment to natural linen.

Amy Butler for $3.50 a yard?? I'll have to check that out because I want to make some floor cushions...have you seen her pattern for those? I believe they require a heavier cotton. Pretty cool!

LaKaribane said...

Hi, I wonder if I could have some info on the nature and price (and place of purchase ;) ) of the flower print blue at the top right of the washed fabric pile, please!