Friday, May 1, 2009

200th post


Wahoo! Insert flags here. :) I have a finished baby dress to show off...it's a bit rough but I'm getting the hang of sewing again.


The shoulder I fudged came out okay.


The zipper I handstitched to the lining in the back. It looks really good- I might do more handsewing/finishing in the future!

Best yet, my coworker who is gift recipient told me that whatever I want to make for her baby, the baby will wear. There is nothing so good as giving handmade gifts to an appreciative audience. :)

4 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I completely agree about your last comment...appreciative people are the BEST!

But this little dress is adorable!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I agree, too! I love when someone loves the things I make; especially quilts.

Your dress looks great! I love the color!

Julia said...

I think it turned out well. Very cute. I have some of that fabric that I'm going to combine with some other prints into a skirt for one of my grands. Well, that's the plan anyway. Your hand work looks great.
Why else would we sew, but for the appreciation we get from those we sew for or from those who admire our work? O f course there's the accomplished feeling we give ourselves!!

turvid said...

Congrats on 200 posts!

Cute dress:)