Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Cupcakes and strawberry rhubarb

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Here's a peak of my day.


What a wonderful day! One of my coworkers made a cheesecake and brought it in to work- on her vacation week no less. And she brought in her 6 month old nephew to have lunch with us in the break room. That was lots of fun.


My sweetie brought me roses, and made cupcakes.


And strawberry-rhubarb pie. We were too full of cupcakes and ice cream with strawberries and rhubarb to eat any pie, but there's always tomorrow night!


To finish the evening we watched James Herriot series one (thank you Chicago Public Library!) and I finished the lace repeats on the skirt of Helena. So far I'm liking this year best of all.

5 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Happy Birthday! Your Helena is exactly at the stage where I left mine...yours looks marvelous, it is a fun pattern and fast!

Glad you got so many treats on your day, I look forward to celebrating with you on Friday over lunch.

BM said...

Happy Birthday to You! Sounds like you had a fun day. Looking forward to celebrating with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!! I love the gorgeous Helena knitting you are working on.

Please drop by to see what an amazing shawl I am giving away...
~Emily xx

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Happy Birthday!!

The knitting looks great! I love the color.

Julia said...

Looks like a lovely birthday!