Crafts of all kinds from Chicago (in which I use up all my craft supplies by the end of this blog)
Monday, June 8, 2009
Helena tricked me
Tonight I carefully bound off the bottom of the cardigan body...and realized that it didn't look like the picture. That's probably because the instructions say "sew up hem" at the end. Arg! Handsewing!
Well, I can move it to 85% done on Ravelry now.
And I got a really cute letter today. I won't be Aunt Sarah forever.
Hand sewing is not difficult and it CAN be soothing (well, relaxing?) if you sit and watch (listen to) tv while you're at it. Just let the needle work rhythmically and focus on keeping it in the fabric and not your fingers. Good luck!
Aww, I love it. And, there is a way to do the hem by knitting it rather than sewing it...I can show you sometime so next time you will be able to keep knitting instead of stopping...OR I can do the hand-sewing when we knit together next :)
2 comments:
That is a very cute salutation.
Hand sewing is not difficult and it CAN be soothing (well, relaxing?) if you sit and watch (listen to) tv while you're at it. Just let the needle work rhythmically and focus on keeping it in the fabric and not your fingers. Good luck!
Aww, I love it. And, there is a way to do the hem by knitting it rather than sewing it...I can show you sometime so next time you will be able to keep knitting instead of stopping...OR I can do the hand-sewing when we knit together next :)
Post a Comment