Sunday, November 16, 2008

Lazy weekend

We got a new mattress from Costco last week. It's pretty nice. In fact, I usually can't sleep more than 8 or 9 hours without waking up because my back is sore. Saturday I slept until 12:18pm- when my sweetie woke me up to ask "When are you meeting CKG for your pedicures?" Yeah, at 12:30p. Naturally I was a little late, got lost, was later- but the pedicures were great and we sat together and knit for about two hours.


It was fun and relaxing. Then we met the spouses and had delicious mexican food. Saturday evening my sweetie and I and our friend N went to a good friend's home and had delicious homemade pasta and homemade cheese and a strata that was out of this world...finished the evening around the fireplace. It was lovely, really. I love having friends who like to cook. It opens my world. I may have to try making some pasta here. I think we have a pasta maker (my sweetie's pretty good for that). We have a rice cooker!


I wanted one of these for a long time. It turns out I married into one. :) And my sister-in-law gave us a delicious chocolate bar that mysteriously came unwrapped today.


And there is jambalaya cooking.


And in a feat of astonishing greatness, I am almost finished my paper that is due Tuesday. Oh, BLISS! I'm taking the rest of the evening off (all 15 minutes before bedtime).

Mmmmm Lake Champlain chocolate- I recommend it!

3 comments:

Amanda Jean said...

your scarf is beautiful!!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Mmm, cooking. I think I might have to make my lentil soup today.

Anonymous said...

What a yummy weekend, all those good foods, chocolate and some delicious knitting! :)
~Emily in Norway