Monday, November 24, 2008

85% completed baby sweater

In the home stretch now...finishing the second sleeve. Due to some imaginative increases on the first sleeve (and lack of memory as to just what those were), I now think of this as a learning sweater. The child will be able to learn the difference between left and right by looking at his arms!


This weekend I studied. That is to say, I knit and read books. The Special Olympics scarf is due by the beginning of January, so I'm trying to put some time into it. I really hate knitting with Red Heart but it will soften up after washing so hopefully won't scratch the athlete it's destined for. I have some great afghans made of Red Heart- 25+ years old and going strong.


And some yarn love. The green Malabrigo is to make a neck cowl to match my new ski jacket. :) When the package came I said "oh look, CKG's yarn came!" My sweetie, somewhat alert to how my mind works asked "but why did her yarn come to our house?" Um, there were a few skeins in there for me, too. Oops.


The gray variegated is destined for socks. I think.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Your sweater looks great!Did you know that the Malabrigo factor burnt down a little over a week ago.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Very nice work on the sweater...all projects are learning projects :)

You are hilarious, happy thanksgiving.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Details about the Malabrigo Fire are on their website.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I'm going to steal the gray yarn...ha ha ha.