Sunday, July 27, 2008

Found the camera!

Necessarily, I backtrack to tell you the roads on Prince Edward Island really are red clay.


My favorite place we stayed was a B&B in Riviere du Loup, Quebec- originally the first prime minister's summer home on the St. Lawrence River. (thanks Julia for the spelling help!)


The rooms were like being inside a museum except we could touch things.


My most recent favorite finished project is the over-the-stove microwave and range hood we hung yesterday.


And my blue lace pattern cotton is coming along nicely.

3 comments:

cidell said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to go to PEI. It was Ann of Green Gables that made me too! BTW, I'm coming to Chicago for a superquick weekend in September. I may have to ask you how to take the train to my hotel!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Ooh cidell is coming to Chicago! How fun!!

What great photos and your eyelet pattern looks GREAT. Can't wait to see it and YOU in person.

JuliaR said...

Not that it matters (really!) but it is Riviere du Loup or River of the Wolf.
The wolf is much more interesting and stately than being loopy - or "loony"! A reference to our dollar coin, of course. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!