Sunday, August 3, 2008

Bluefaced Leicester (true love)

I really like that Rowan has come out with the British Sheep Breeds yarns. As I have been debating over which shades and how much to purchase, it started seeming more important to me that I find a smaller source- surely a small spinnery or homespinner has been making natural fleeces into yarn for a while. A quick hop over to Bartlett Yarns showed their Fisherman yarns are available in undyed colors (I naturally had to purchase a few skeins- with colors like "light grey sheeps wool" how could I resist?). And etsy had a lovely Ramboullet worsted handspun as well as a bluefaced Leicester. Aren't they pretty sheep?


The Bluefaced Leiscester Breeders Association (photo above) has a chunk of interesting information about the breed.

Not losing my mind because my new job is so much less stressful allows for a lot of time spent thinking about things: sheep, farms, country air, how much I hate living in the city, how much I want to move to a less populated area, cows, more cows, winter... And lots of time checking this website.

3 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Pretty sheepy! I love that you are feeling less stressed, it's such a good thing.

Hanging out was great on Saturday...let's do it again soon. And, I ended up ripping out the whole hat and starting over. I love what I have so far now. It's my process, right?

Anonymous said...

Cute!

Thank you for your nice comment in my blog. :)

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I love sheep; they're so cute!