Thursday, October 11, 2007

Updates (and a late birthday gift)

The craft fair was...a total bust. I was across from the woman selling "Simply Perfect" packaged food and down the aisle from the tupperware stand. Seriously. Craft fair was a bit misleading. Anyway, this was my table. I sold $10, to my friends. Guess I'll keep the day job.


Then it was my sweetie's birthday, so we went out for a fabulous yummy dinner in Evanston. And then we had opera tickets the next night....and so it has taken me until now to post. This is my last birthday present for my love. I guess I should have cut the pattern one size down. He's a 34 waist. Oops!


And he's shorter than me. I should have thought of that when I hemmed the pj pants to fit me.


Ah well. It's the first thing I've sewn for him. Next: a quilt. Quilts are easier to size (but I suspect will take considerably longer to make).

6 comments:

cidell said...

That sucks about the craft fair. i've thought of going myself. But, I see what you mean. I do like the pjs though!!

Julia said...

sorry about the busted fair. i've definitely been there and the biggest lesson i've learned from that is to do as much research about the fairs as i can before signing up. don't lose hope though! there are better ones out there.

sounds like a great birthday, i'm brewing some plans for my boyfriend's as well...

Tracey said...

Sorry to hear about the craft fair results. Don't give up. If it's any consolation to you, I liked the sample of your cards that you posted several days ago.

Anonymous said...

It was fun to stop by...and see you and your table-mate at the fair. I really liked the fleece pillows next to you that played music.

And - WHOA - those pants are so cute!! And hems are no biggie.

I miss seeing you, but being away from work has been lovely.

Reethi said...

What a bummer! Still, you have an early start on holiday presents...

sugarcreekstuff said...

Sorry about the craft fair. I have had many like that. My advice, try more. You learn from every stink bomb. It takes time and experience for the good ones and the $$ isn't ultimately why we make things, we make things because we have to.