Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Martha and me

I like Martha Stewart. I get her magazine, have some stuff that I made a special trip to KMart to get (and the KMart on Elston is a little scary), and occasionally make a recipe or try a craft project from the website. So, how appropriate that this month's MSL has projects from purlSoHo. Two of my strong likes in one!

While picking up some zippers at Vogue Fabric this morning (how much do I love my boyfriend who asks "what do you want to do with your morning off?" and doesn't blink an eye when I say, go to the fabric store!) I noticed the woman next to me had the perfect match for lining the gnomes and fish. I bought some, and look what I made tonight...


It's true love. Me and my sewing machine have had a thing going for a while, and I think it's going to stick. After this rash of crafting, my confidence in my sewing skills is boosted enough that I'm going to tackle the knit dress. Really. Right after I make another bag.

3 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

How fabulous, gmome bags! I think I'm going to stop by that table of yours on Saturday. Hope to meet some other Chicago area bloggers too!

Amanda Jean said...

I love that bag + the fabric is wonderful!

Reethi said...

Cute bag! (I was always scared to take boys fabric shopping... I'm not sure if any of my relationships could have survived 3 hours at JoAnn's...)