Friday, May 7, 2010

Back in town

April was a traveling month. I went to Maine, my mom came out to visit (yay!), and my sweetie & I went to Oregon. Soon I'll post properly with details, because Portland Oregon is awesome (much like Portland Maine that way) and I want to move there. I managed to buy enough fabric at the Pendleton Woolen Mill outlet that I went over weight on my suitcase and had to put it in my pack.


There was knitting on the trip.


And a huge fire to curl up next to while knitting. We spent two nights in Silcox Hut and one night in the main lodge at Timberline. I can't wait to go again. It turns out that I really love skiing, especially when there are almost no other skiers on the mountain and we have fresh powder!

2 comments:

Martha said...

Funny, we both post at the same time on the same day....your nephew in LA got his postcards from OR and Alaska, and was excited to get mail 3X this week- he got some from Maine too.
Looks like your birthday present may be late this year, but I promise to complete it!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I'm envious of your trip to Portland OR! I've only been there once, but I LOVED it and would move there in a heartbeat!

Did you go to the ASG meeting on Friday? I was supposed to, but didn't realize it started at 5:30. I couldn't get away that early, but will plan for it next month. I'm bummed I missed the patternmaking demo!!!