Monday, May 10, 2010

Portland things

I liked Portland. We went to the International Rose Test Garden. It was pretty, but also early in the season. We saw five roses in bloom. (please note the coffee- I'm practicing in case we move there)


Then we went on to Bolt. If you haven't been there, you should go.


After reading about it for years, I was very happy to finally go in and find it was just as described- cozy, loaded with beautiful fabric, and the people who worked there were friendly. I wanted to buy everything but realized space was an issue, so I settled for some fabric and ribbon.


Liberty of London lawn, of course.

And some ribbon that I liked. Just a few things to tuck away, because I'd already made a haul at the Pendleton Woolen Mill outlet. I'll show you that tomorrow.


In parting, a modeled shot of the hat I made on the trip. Pattern "berry basket" from the Oomingmak store in Anchorage, with Qiviut yarn also from the Oomingmak store. I didn't go on this trip, but my sweetie brought back some yarn (yay!) so I made him a hat.


He's not really a hideous faceless person...or is he???

4 comments:

Julia said...

It looks as if you had a great time! The fabric store looks great! The hat is really nice, too. You look very happy and rested.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Was that yarn & pattern really $80 for the kit? It said you only get one skein of yarn in the kit, too. Wow. Pricey!! It's a nice looking hat, though!

Anonymous said...

That hat turned out GREAT! I haven't touched qiviut since I got it (from your fantastic sweetie). I love that I have it though :)

Anonymous said...

P.S. Nice photos of you!