Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Things from Maine

We had to borrow a larger carry-on from Mom & Dad. We brought back a lot of books (Mom & Dad both retire next year, want to get my stuff out before they recycle it!), and some treats.


Mrs. Dunster's donuts
are imported (heehee) from New Brunswick. They have been a special treat for me for many years, and I try to bring at least one bag back with me every trip east.


On our way to Sunday dinner, we passed a lobsterman selling at the side of the road. At $4.50/pound, for very fresh lobster, it seemed wasteful to pass up the opportunity. We brought 6 back in our carry-on. Yep, Mrs. Dunsters and live lobsters, in an LL Bean tote bag. It was classic.


In another classic move, I finished the second mitt in Detroit's airport. Unfortunately they don't match...so I am making two more. Eventually they'll match something! :)

6 comments:

julia said...

So, you are making more of the wonderful mitts! I am enjoying mine so much, you have no idea! They really are helping to keep my hands warm, but leaving my fingers free to still sew. Thanks again. Like I said an appropriate thank you will find you soon.

the sandwich life said...

oh the lobsters....$4.50 a pound....geesh....I know it's not great for the lobstermen but man, oh man that lobster is beautiful!

JuliaR said...

Lobsters in a Bean bag! You are right - classic!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

How the heck did you get live lobsters onto an airplane? That's hilarious! If I were the security person checking you out I'd have to wonder about you....knitting needles, donuts, and lobsters? It's quite the combo! heehee!!

Cactusneedles said...

Lucky you! Lobster! Real lobster! I haven't had any for about 2 years (hard to find good ones here in the desert!). I still use my LLBean tote bag--had it for over 20 years!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Hey, wow. Lobsters and donuts mmmm.