Monday, June 15, 2009

Finished!

(those are my husband's arms, not mine...)

I cheated on the hem- didn't take the time to measure evenly so I couldn't use the blind hemming stitch. Accidentally I had switched to the zigzag, and forgot to reset the stitch length. So I used a 4mm zigzag on the hem and it worked.


Today I stopped by Hancock Fabric to get a zipper, and found this really nifty Clover Chako (good eye, Cheryl!) chalk line marker. It made marking the pattern pieces on my next project (Simplicity 4711, in a pink and white seersucker with watermelons embroidery) fun! I am hoping to finish this little dress in time to bring it to Maine when we leave Friday morning. *grin* Somehow I am already expecting to be doing some handsewing on the plane!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Very cute little dress for a lucky little girl!

Cheryl said...

Is that a Chaco-Liner? They have a pen style that's really nice, too. Oh, and cute dress!

turvid said...

A really cute dress!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Nice work, woman! You are really doing cute stuff!!