Tonight I cut out the sundress with the Amy Butler print (Butterick 4718). Super easy. And I only had 1 yard instead of the 1 3/8 required, but I made it all fit.
Almost. I frankensteined the facing of the back, and settled in to read the directions. Maybe I should have read the directions first, or perhaps even wondered why I cut a facing for the back but not the front...
I clearly don't have enough fabric for a front facing. I do have some nice lightweight cotton/poly 65/35 white fabric that would work nicely for a lining, but is it a problem to mess with the weight of the fabric on the facing?

2 comments:
I sometimes use different fabric for the facings and I rarely have a problem. As long as both fabrics are prewashed and dried, they should act the same way later when washed and dried together. Even if you didn't prewash, I wouldn't panic. I assume you will be putting interfacing on the facings? That should keep it the way it is intended to be. And if none of that happened, suggest that the garment be washed in cold water and laid flat to dry and you should still be okay. The only time you would be in real trouble is if you used completely different fabrics, like a knit and a weave, and they were both in fabrics that shrank like crazy.
I totally use frankenstein as a verb, too! Are we the only ones? :)
Post a Comment