Monday, September 1, 2008

Adult fun

Check out these pictures. Today I realized that even though we are "grown up", we still can have moments of utter glee. Friends, we have a sink.


We have working plumbing including a dishwasher


and a garbage disposal.


We have butcher-block countertops securely mounted, and all the new cabinets are leveled and bolted in place.


Today I love my husband more than I ever have before. This week school "really" starts, meaning I'm working three days a week, driving to class (30-90 minutes each way depending on traffic) every Tuesday evening, and doing two days at a clinical site that is over an hour (highway) outside the city each way. I do not like driving my little Prizm that much (but it does get some good gas mileage). I'm dreading being away from home & my sweetie. He knew how much I wanted to be _done_ with the kitchen before this week, and today while I did my class reading he finished things. I mean, I did help with the heavy work- that butcher block is a pain to move alone- but he did most of it and it's the best present ever! Wahoo!

3 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Hooray! It looks SO GREAT! We love Mr. Sarah.

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful butcher block counter! So nice to have a man like that!

Amanda Jean said...

your kitchen looks great! what a guy!