Monday, August 18, 2008

HELP! What to wear?

I'm back from Maine, will post pics about knitting stuff and all that later, but...

My sweetie just told me the wedding we're going to Saturday is formal. Church wedding at 3p and reception at 6p. What do I wear? Is that a cocktail dress? A long dress? Where can I find such a thing quickly (ok, I live in Chicago, it shouldn't be all that hard, but ideas help)?

(pretend there is a funny picture of me here- blogger is having issues)

Your advice is urgently needed. I'm a size 12 and something that cuts right under the bustline makes me look preggers, if you've got extra style tips...

2 comments:

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Unless you are a close family member I'd wear a knee length cocktail dress. It can be any color, but black is always perfect. Make sure you bring a stole or other wrap in case it gets cold at night.

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

I am sorry I didn't see this before. And, Arizona sounds like she is right. I never know the right answers to these questions. That dress is really nice on you!