Monday, May 12, 2008

WIP (and FP that I must not show yet)

I have finished (almost) two great projects that I'm really excited about. But someone who shall remain nameless (she has a swift and ball winder, we hang out and knit) has a birthday coming up. I'll show you then.


What I can show is the current block I'm working on for my sweetie's afghan. I think he has something like eight blocks worth of afghan now. It should be blocked and stitched by our 40th anniversary if not sooner! But I do love the texture of the basketweave stitch. I'm very bored with it so will probably not pick it for another big block, but it's lovely.


(sorry for the bad lighting but I'm excited to be back with time to craft again- wanted to share)

3 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

It looks so good! You are the best...and I look forward to many more knitting and hanging out afternoons.

(remaining nameless)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is amazing! I am so impressed that you are making an entire afghan in baskeweave. What a work of love for your man! It is just lovely!
-Emily x

SWE said...

I use basketweave for baby blankets. Fewer little holes to hold onto little fingers and toes...