Wednesday, May 21, 2008

post- birthday give aways!

Happy yesterday birthday to me, I have no place to sleep tonight so will be on the couch (sing faster to fit it all in), my sweetie and I are ripping apart the bedroom to paint, it's my birthday present to myself! :)


Funny how that happened. I've been going through my closet and cleaning those mysterious huge tubs stacked in the corner of the bedroom (left over from moving in two years ago). I leave for Maine in early June, and right after I leave my sweetie is moving his stuff in. We'll be back, in wedded bliss and all that, after the wedding. So. I said, I think I'll finish painting the bedroom (novel idea). He said, let's take down the baseboards so you can paint around them. Then the molding around the ceiling came down. I've been vacuuming up a storm and SO GLAD we bought the shop vac last fall.


Now, the giveaways. I'm stuck and DONE with that quilt top. It's jammed up my machine so many times, and no way am I doing a queen-plus quilting by hand right now with everything else going on. So, I've packed it in a box and the first person who wants it, let me know!

The other giveaway (no pic, sorry) is the cookbook Apples for Jam. I'm paring down (heehee get it!?) and don't have room for it. It's in nearly-new condition. So in your comment let me know which giveaway you'd like.


And...yarn goodness in the midst of it. I'm making scarves for some of my sweetie's family for Christmas this year. And since there are quite a few scarves to make, I'm starting early. One on the needles, and look at this lovely yarn that came today!

4 comments:

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Wow! Painting is a big adventure. Can't wait to see...

No giveaways for me :0 save for the other less geeky readers :)

Love that yarny goodness, you have good taste in yarn!!

Anonymous said...

Hey yesterday was my birthday too! Happy belated. No giveaways for me either, but I had also considered having one. I just don't know what to give away.

Amanda Jean said...

happy belated birthday, sarah! am I missing something or is the quilt still up for grabs? I can't believe I would be that lucky, but if it is please let me know! :)

rosanne said...

Happy belated B-Day Sarah! funny that we are born on the same day... I hope you celebrated well!!!