Saturday, July 28, 2007

Playing house

My parents built the home I grew up in. When I was in high school, we (now with free kid labor- we were all teens) added on to the house, more than doubling the size. To my teenaged dismay, there was always a project going on- putting up more drywall, spackling and sanding, etc.. I'm SO glad for that now, because, well, let me show you today's project.

Spackling the holes where I ripped out the closet in the bedroom



And cleaning up the edges on the hole where I ripped out a stud for the closet. The stud wasn't the problem, but the THREE INCH wood screw holding it attached to the lathe was...



Now I'm going to bury myself in the home improvement/repair books. I hope making the hole smooth (and rather a lot bigger) was the first step. It's always the one I enjoy the most, anyway!



Ironically, this is all because I decided to paint my bedroom today. I forgot I have a few things to do before painting!

No comments: