In a more sane time, I would have rolled the hem. Under the influence of a fever and wicked sore throat, I simply folded over the zigzagged edge once and sewed it. I guess I'll leave it and see how it washes...
Mind you, this took almost an hour. Just to fold, press, and sew. Unfortunately, I couldn't think very well, so I decided to try to make a baby bib for Yumi's baby shower at work Tuesday. I'd show you a picture except the whole thing ended up in the garbage. Cyncial Gal and I were supposed to meet this afternoon to make a quilt for Yumi, and I'm most upset about missing dedicated sewing time!
But- I finally have my temperature below 99F and as soon as this dose of ibuprofen kicks in, will be feeling better. I feel bad for all the patients I told to get popsicles for their sore throats this week, because I had a popsicle and felt like my throat was on fire and the popsicle was alcohol. No, not alcohol, that has a low flash point. Change the analogy- my throat was a sore piece of potassium and the popsicle was water. (and oh the joy of YouTube: here) (and if I was holding that camera, I would NOT have inhaled, even in shock, even feeling sick- that dude just sucked in some KOH)
This post took over an hour and I'm exhausted. My temperature is back up to 99.8F (after the ibuprofen, too). WAH! I am dreading work tomorrow. I might try to call in (here's hoping I'm not the only one in the clinic).
But- I finally have my temperature below 99F and as soon as this dose of ibuprofen kicks in, will be feeling better. I feel bad for all the patients I told to get popsicles for their sore throats this week, because I had a popsicle and felt like my throat was on fire and the popsicle was alcohol. No, not alcohol, that has a low flash point. Change the analogy- my throat was a sore piece of potassium and the popsicle was water. (and oh the joy of YouTube: here) (and if I was holding that camera, I would NOT have inhaled, even in shock, even feeling sick- that dude just sucked in some KOH)
This post took over an hour and I'm exhausted. My temperature is back up to 99.8F (after the ibuprofen, too). WAH! I am dreading work tomorrow. I might try to call in (here's hoping I'm not the only one in the clinic).

1 comment:
You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon. Missed you on Sunday, and I LOVE the bear.
Post a Comment