Monday, January 12, 2009

Projects

This evening we had a great time hanging out with our good friend R who introduced us...I spent a lot of time knitting away on my mom's mittens when R asked "what's the blue and white project" and I shamefully confessed it was the Special Olympics scarf, but I wasn't sure it would be finished in time. R pointed out that I was cranking away on the mitten "with all those fancy needles" and could surely finish the scarf to express mail Tuesday at the latest. So I picked it up.


Imagine my horror, then, when my instructor for the Belize trip emailed me "see you tomorrow night". *gulp* That is when I present a book summary of the History of Belize book....the book I haven't read yet. I thought our first class meeting was after we came back from Nicaragua. Down went the knitting, up went the book, and I have four pages of notes and only three chapters left to read. That'll be lunch, then I can finish the Special Olympics scarf during class, then I can finish everything else Tuesday evening. I am hoping to make a skirt to take with me to Nicaragua. We'll see.


The fabric is a home-dec fabric, hopefully light enough (100% cotton) to be cool but sturdy enough to do some serious hill-walking and exploring in. The weather is 26C right now, forecasted to be in the mid20s for highs while we're in Esteli. Up to the high 20s in Granada. Phew.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erg. I forgot about the SO scarf project- okay, I will work on one for the next Special Olympics! Good thing you are a fast reader! Hope all went well with your report- and have a safe trip!
bises,Martha

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

You are so amazing, Sarah! Hope the presentation went great... xo, not-so ckg

turvid said...

Did the presentation go well for you?

Thank you so much for all your nice comments on my blog. *hug*