Monday, December 22, 2008

On the needles


Do you remember me raving about vintage needles? I think I like vintage aluminum needles, but not so much the polymer/plastic kind. There's nothing like taking knitting with you to entertain yourself on a car ride only to have your needle snap!


The Peuransarvi/ Staghorn mittens are coming along nicely. The cables are easier than I thought, and very entertaining. Rather than drive to work and risk another 2.5 hour trip home in tomorrow's forecasted snow/ice storm, I'll be taking the bus and two trains. At least this way I can sit and knit for a couple of hours instead of sitting in my car having to pay attention!

4 comments:

turvid said...

Wow - stupid needle!

;)

Anonymous said...

Those are the mittens you were working on when you were here? Wow, they are awesome!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Stupid needle, but those mittens are fantastic!!!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Are you doing that pattern from the chart?! You are amazing!