Sunday, December 7, 2008

Knitting goodness...spreading the joy (and an unknown crafting object)

I went through a little ebay loving a while ago. Late nights + insomnia + stress + a little depressed + online shopping = knitting needles and yarn! My sweetie was a bit alarmed when he realized the volume of things coming in the mail, but I'm better now. And I got some killer vintage needles.


Tuesday night is my final exam, finally, for real- although I said that five years ago when I finished my master's, so it's never over until it's over (this is a post-master's certificate program, and I doubt I'm going back for a doctorate but I might go crazy...we'll see). I'm giving my classmates (a class of six) the joy of knitting as a parting gift. The needles are paired and taped together- next to find some yarn to go with them. *giggle* I think I have some yarn around.


The jacquard self-patterning sweater is soaring along. Perfect thing to do with my hands while studying "Fever in a child aged greater than 3 months but less than 5 years", et cetera.


In one of the bundles of needles, I also received this


described as "something that was in with the knitting bags". Anyone know what it is? I'm kind of guessing lace but it seems too sturdy for that...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It kinda looks like the thing that is used to make hairpin lace. You can find tutorials at Stitch Diva Studios if you are interested.

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

Yep, its a hairpin lace thingy. I have a similar one. Hairpin lace is really cool...and quick! I'm sure there are videos on YouTube. I love old knitting needles, too. Earlier this year I answered a Craigslist ad and got a whole bucket full of needles. I love them!

Knitting it Out in an Urban Zoo said...

Good call, Mandy and Arizona beat me to it. It does look like a hairpin lace tool.

Hope your test went GREAT...and that all is well.